Guidance to help with running your charity during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
- Government financial support for charities
- AGMs and other meetings: postponing or cancelling meetings
- Holding meetings online or by telephone
- Using reserves and restricted funds
- Insolvency help for charitable companies and charitable incorporated organisations
- Further advice on managing financial difficulties
- Charity objects: understand if you can help with coronavirus efforts
- Reporting serious incidents to the Charity Commission
- Keeping people safe
- Fundraising and coronavirus appeals
- Reducing or returning contractual fees in return for a modified service
- Working with a company or business to help with coronavirus
- Charity statement of recommended practice (SORP) guidance
- Information from other organisations
Understandably, charities are concerned about what to do during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, so we have set out our response to the most commonly asked questions.
We want to assure charities that our approach to regulation during this uncertain period will be as flexible and pragmatic as possible in the public interest, whilst helping trustees to be aware of and think about the wider or longer impact of their decisions on their charity.
We are working hard to keep our contact centre open.
Telephone 0300 066 9197
Open Monday to Friday
9am to 5pm
During the current crisis we will be prioritising registrations, permissions, reporting and other interactions related to coronavirus.
We will update this page with responses to further questions.